I teach Philosophy at the Farroupilha Federal Institute, in Uruguaiana, RS, Brazil. I got a PhD in Philosophy from the Federal University of Santa Maria (2018), and I was also a visiting reasearcher at the Florida State University, USA (2015-2016). My current research is about how to understand and improve responsibility practices. I’m also interested in free will, moral responsibility, punishment, and violence.
- O lugar das emoções na ética e na metaética (ed. with Flavio Williges and David Copp). Pelotas: NEPFIL Online, 2018.
- Gilberto Gomes é mesmo um compatibilista? Filosofia Unisinos 19.3 (2018): 179-188.
- Questions for a science of moral responsibility. Review of Philosophy and Psychology 9.2 (2018): 381-394. [preprint] [resumo em português]
- How should free will skeptics pursue legal change? Neuroethics 11.1 (2018): 47–54. [preprint]
- Neuroscience and the possibility of locally determined choices: Reply to Adina Roskies and Eddy Nahmias. Philosophical Psychology 30.1-2 (2017): 198-201. [preprint]
- Libet-style experiments, neuroscience, and libertarian free will. Philosophical Psychology 29.4 (2016): 494-502. [preprint]
- Paper on conceptual and ethical issues about the improvement of responsibility practices. [under review]
- Chapter on moral responsibility, punishment, and crime prevention [in Portuguese, submitted]
- Popular article on questions about the existence of free will [in Portuguese]
- Paper on conservatism vs. reformism about responsibility practices